Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Main Navigation

Top

Electric

Home > breadcrumbs: Wahoo Utilities > breadcrumbs: Utility Department > breadcrumbs: Electric >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

 

Electric

Inserted Image         Inserted Image

Inserted ImageThe Electric Utility was created in 1909 to serve Wahoo with downtown street lighting.  A steam-generated power plant was used for the nighttime hours for lighting.  In 1935, 2 diesel generators were added to serve the increasing electric load.  Electric distribution lines were added to the town and surrounding area.  

Currently, the electric utility has 9 full time employees.  There are 5 employees for the electric distribution system and 4 at the Power Plant.  The Power Plant has 6 diesel/natural gas generators with a total capacity of 13.5 Megawatts.  The electric distribution system extends in and around Wahoo, including nearby Weston. 

 

Electricity Regulations

Back To Top